Monday, August 20, 2007

July Progress

I am tempted to call this August and maybe finish by the end of the month. It is a bit discouraging to see someone blogging about starting September's piece, but c'est la vie!! This piece really contains the energy and inspiration of July so July it will be. Here's the progress on July, although I didn't get a really clear picture.




The second photo is of the beads I'm working with and the ones in the rectangle are what I intend to sew around the edges. It's new for me to be stitching on such large beads, and will be interesting to see how it looks when finished.




The new job is going well and giving me blessings I never anticipated, especially some wonderful deep connections to patients / customers / clients, whatever is the buzzword now. And I get paid, too! Just not as much time left for art as I'd like, but that will come. I'm enjoying looking at others' posts, just not putting time into blogging / commenting, except a bit on weekends. Best to all!!




8 comments:

a2susan said...

I am so happy to learn your new job is going well for you. The connection with "customers" (what we called 'patients' at my last job in a hospital) can be a very rewarding one. And, think of all the new beads you can say yes to now. I can't wait to see where your July inspiration takes you!

KV said...

You sound so happy with your new job and I think your page will reflect those feelings, too.


Kathy V in NM

abeadlady said...

Vicki, It doesn't matter how long it takes to do each page. What matters is how much you enjoy doing it.
As a nurse myself I find beading relaxes me. I have found so much enjoyment in this kind of beading that I am starting a bead embroidery class for our "participants". I work in an Adult Day Health Care Facility for physically and mentally challenged adults. They love watching what I do so I'm going to share it with them.
Arline

Robin said...

With your sweet insightfulness and gentle ways, you must be such an blessing to your patients. I remember back when I was doing metalsmithing, and got a new job, I quit doing anything in art for several years. It just took all me creative energy to learn the job. So, it's just grand that you're still doing what you can with the BJP, whenever you can. Your piece looks fun and has a feeling of truth and authenticity.... Hugs, Robin

Judi D said...

Vicki, what a delightful and happy page. Nice to read you are happy with work, it makes such a difference in everything.

s said...

Vicki, I am sorry It has taken me so long to get around to reading and posting to your blog. I am so happy your doing well with your new job. I understand being behind here. I am still working on July and haven't even started August. I too started work recently, along with starting Jenny Craig and between all of that I have just been crazy. I am trying to learn all the inks and different materials at work. But hey girl we will catch up. I can't wait to see what you do with your July page.
Hugs,
Sunni

Lillian said...

Hi Vicki,

I haven't been able to comment lately because of health setbacks with my injury, so trying to find balance with "work" and art can be difficult...just remember to take a little time for you ("art") when you can (what I try to tell myself all the time :o) I'm glad the new job is going well, Lillian

Padparadscha said...

Ah well, I got stuck in August and July was a little difficult...

But somehow I think just doing something, however small, month after month, is a victory over Time :o)