Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thanks and update

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments! I feel so encouraged and understood, and grateful for this growing community.

Its been interesting living through a lot of changes. I just found out I received the occupational therapist position I applied for at our local hospital, so my life will be changing drasticly. I've been a studio artist for the last few years, but now I need to make some money LOL. I hope to be able to keep up with the BJP, although I might run a bit behind.

I drew the snake goddess amulet last night, and she is all about transformation, courage and change. I'd say she's working overtime with me right now. So I'm adding her to my June page. I'll have a picture as soon as she's done.

The Divine Feminine has been a wonderful inspiration and solace for me for the past few years. I had first intended that would be a theme for my pages, veered away from it, and guess who showed up!! I'm glad that She has - She will be a delight to work/play with over the next year!

7 comments:

s said...

Congrats Vicki, how exciting.
Guess your headed over the wall into the big ole world too. I look forward to seeing your next page and hearing how work is going. I start myself today working part time at a friends shop. She sells stamps, poly clay and all the goodies to have fun with, with it.
I have a question for you. Are you standing in front of one of the arches near Moab,Utah in your picture? I have a pic of my husband standing in one. He nearly scared me to death climbing up there.
Have a great day,
Sunni

Timaree said...

Good luck on your new job. Please don't stop beading with us. It's okay to go slow or go smaller or not fill your whole "page" with beads but do try to hang in here with us, okay?

Vicki said...

Hey Sunni,
Yes it is one of the arches at Arches National Park. This one is a simple walk from the parking lot, not scary LOL! Did he climb to the top of this? Yikes!

Thanks freebird, I'm going to try to hang in. Maybe work smaller!

s said...

Is that Wilson Arch, if so thats it. I will have to dig that picture up and post it so you can see.
Sunni

Mary Timme said...

Yikes! You seem content with going back into Occupational Therapy though and you'll do a lot of good.

I'm going in to have my eyes rechecked. something is going on and I can hardly see to bead! Hopefully that will change shortly. I hope to hear from you occasionaly anyway, dear PMM.

Tally said...

Good luck with your new job, Vicki! After all you've written about your June page I'm curious how it will show up. Good luck for progress also here.
Thanks for your nice words on my blog. They made me smile.
btw: I definitly would love to climb those arches. :-)

Hello from rock and mountainless Hamburg
:-Tally-:

Brenda said...

There is a Zulu expression "Wosa Moya", they use it when they are ready for change and they are welcoming that change to them.
I live with the belief that everything happens for a reason.
I also hope you keep beading, I love the symbology that you are adding into your pages.