Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finished July - March!

I'm sorry that it's not a clear picture, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. This piece encompassed my entire year of working as a new OT in an overwhelming situation. I see it all there!!!

I learned so much. I became a professional. And I don't work there any more!!!! So I'm opening to my heart's message to me and this may be the buttkick I need to start my own coaching business.

Someone told me early in the journal process that if I just did one or two pieces for the year, that is okay. I'm saying to myself, u\yup, that's okay!! I'm really happy to have a piece that "captures" the essence of the year for me and pleased that I did it all in my own way.

So I am open to what's next. I don't feel called to participate again. I long for more inner guidance and less outer distraction, so that may merit some form of journal art, but not sharing, looking, pushing, etc.

Just me and my art supplies!! :-)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yay, Vicki! I think it's remarkable that you used trade beads for this piece... trade beads... with their long history of passing through many hands and being used in different ways. Yes! And what is happening in your life? You are trading one career for another... Yet it's all related and the continuity, the thread running through your work, the career of your hands and heart, is there. This piece definitely "captures" the essence of the year. Also it's great that you did it all your own way and that you've realized what is important for you... not the sharing, looking and pushing, but the inner guidance. Yay! Hugs, Robin

KV said...

Good on you Vicki! Hope your trip to Alaska is wonderful and you find many treasures to inspire you further.


Kathy V in NM

Padparadscha said...

It's a wonderful piece !

I'm always moved by your pieces, they feel so deep, and I'm glad to see a new piece from you. I love this one.

Have a great trip to Alaska.